11.22.2006

Vacation within a Vacation

We haven't had Internet service up here in Tahoe, or so we thought. Ryan tried connecting while up in the loft of the cabin and he was able to get a couple bars, just enough to connect to the world. It's funny, we just had this conversation last night about how great it is to get away without cell phones ringing, emails waiting for responses and tasks luring over our heads. It's a true get away. But the generation X in us still wants to be connected to the world, I guess, because as soon as Ryan told me we had Internet service upstairs I became so excited! So, I am on "vacation," as Ryan puts it. He and Sage are playing video games on the new Wii he bought for church (he has to work it in and get used to it, right?) and I am taking a vacation upstairs. Life is good. It looks really cold outside, wind rustling through the ginormous pine trees, but we are nice and cozy in Grandma's mountain cabin. Later today we are going to venture out to get our family picture by the lake, maybe watch some ice skating in the Town Center and then come back to the cabin to enjoy one last night of our mountain vacation. Some funny things that have happened this trip ...

- We were (okay, Ryan was driving) to the store and took a turn really hard (we weren't lost though -- no way!) and Sage said, "Whoa! Like a roller coaster!"
- Aspen covers up her face with a blanket or whatever she can find and plays peekaboo with us.
- Sage is giving her my little ponies "time-outs" ... (oh gosh! Is that what I sound like?)
- I called Sage a little girl and she said, "Mommy, I am a big girl." And I said, "I know you are." And she responded, "But you called me a little girl."

Okay, "vacation" is over. Time to take a much needed shower. Hope there is enough hot water!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute Amber! Sounds like you all had a great time. Tell Ryan he better be showing off that Wii on Sunday after church cause we have to properly break it in. Have a safe drive home!