11.09.2006

3-Tea Bag Day




I thought today was going to be a 3-tea bag day. Allow me to explain. Shortly after we moved in with my mother-in-law, I was converted to Lipton tea from coffee. Shortly after Aspen was born, and no doubt due to many sleepless nights, I added another tea bag to my normal one-tea bag cup of tea. I was tempted to add yet another tea bag to my tea this morning. Aspen was awake from 10:30pm to 12:30 a.m. last night. Sage woke up at 4a.m. because she had lost one of her bunnies. Then Aspen woke up for the day at 6:30 a.m. After Sage woke up at 7 a.m. I loaded up the kids in the jogger and went for a nice long walk, a break for me and fun for the kids (I think). I prayed to God, "Help me be the mom you want me to be today. If I get through today it is by your strength only." And what a mellow morning we have had. Aspen took a 2hr nap, Sage has gone potty all by herself 4 times (that = 8 candycorns), and I was actually able to get the dishes done (they were starting to stink up the kitchen!). I guess I didn't need that 3rd tea bag after all!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Oh these types of days are so hard, I am glad God gave you his new mercies for the morning.....
Do you actually brew three tea bags in one cup of water? Wow that is strong....I think that is how the English drink their brew.
Anything else, cream, splenda?
I am still in love with coffee, but like a good cup of tea every now and then.

P.S. Thank God you comment on my blog, so far you are the only one, except for a courtesy comment from Diane....Maybe we should start a weekly raffle for a comment????