11.15.2006

New Shoes

My mom gifted Ryan and I with a one-night stay at the Cliff House Hotel for my birthday last year. We decided it was time to use it and get away for a minute (which is what is it, right? Just a minute). After we dropped off the kids and their 10 bags of stuff and explained all of the eating and sleeping schedules, we were off! Our first stop, Camarillo Outlets. We did some personal(not "need" but "want" shopping) and Christmas shopping at our favorite stores and then went on to the Adidas Outlet. I go to the Adidas outlet not because I have always found the greatest deal, but because I am always happy with the shoes I find there. Since we didn't have the kids with us, this was an easy task. Ryan searched through all the womens shoes and brought me my size of shoe, all different prices, shapes and colors. Then we found some shoes on the sale rack, not a likely occurrence with a size 9 1/2 foot. I am always weary about the clearance rack. I mean, why are the shoes there in the first place? Regardless, I tried them on. They actually felt really good and they were color-designed for me, gray mesh with blue highlights (I think I have purchased this color shoe for about 10 years). These shoes were about $30. A steal! Then Ryan came around the corner with another box and said, "These shoes are only $17. You could buy 3 pairs of them!" Yeah, and run to the end of our driveway and they would be worn out already. Reluctantly, I tried on the "cheapy" pair. But they weren't cheapy at all. They felt great too. So, with two boxes of shoes under my arm, we headed to the check-out. The man at the register rung the total and said, "$36" and some change. What? Come to find out my $30 pair of shoes were actually only $17 too! A deal of the century! I love shopping experiences like this one!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

David always says women mention either "hair and Shoes" within the first five minutes of every get together. After doing a very loose study on the hypothesis, I found he was correct.

I spoke with mom last night as she, Sage and Aspen were looking for horses in the dark....I was envious of a nights sleep without Peter. I am not ready yet but I feel like I am getting there. Hope it was fun.

Love Deals....
G