12.03.2007

Zoo Favorites

We went to the Zoo today. My all-time favorite zoo animal has always been the Capybara. They just look like cuddly creatures to me. But not so much today as we witnessed the capybara and the anti-eater (who now share living quarters) stand each other off and chase each other around their pen. Another zoo favorite of mine would be the gorillas. Today one of the gorillas actually leaned against the looking glass and Sage, Ryan and I were able to observe him as he picked at his fur and chewed on some grass. His back was to us, but he kept looking at Sage through the corner of his eyes. It was pretty amazing. I think I could have stayed there for hours just observing this magnificent creature. But Aspen was definitely not a fan of the big burly guy and Sage wanted to move on to the giraffes and lions. So, we moved on, but both Ryan and I were pretty blown away by our experience.

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

Wow, isn't that awesome when we can observe "wild" creatures at a close distance. That's how I felt about my bird experience. Gotta go...some weird woman is at my door...ha ha, it's Gina!

hestermom said...

Okay seriously?? A college degree AND three children, and I didn't even have a clue as to what that animal was. Thanks for the link!