12.26.2007

Post-Holiday Shopping

Okay ... so I happily embraced the early onset of Christmas celebrations because Sage I and were able to have some great conversations about the Christ in Christmas. Today is December 26th and I just received some "post-holiday shopping" emails from Joanne's. Since there is no more consuming to be done for Christmas, we must create a new holiday: Post-Holiday. Now I am just annoyed.
On a lighter note, our family celebrations were wonderful and tiring all at the same time. We have much to be thankful for this year.

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

I understand your annoyance. I got a similar "Post-Holiday Sale" email (the exact words, I think) from MOPS. I was a bit perturbed because it came from a Christian organization. I was thinking when I got it today, "Geeze, like I want to think about shopping today. I'm stil (and will be for months) figuring out where to put all of the "stuff" we got from friends and family for Christmas, especially all the girls stuff.

On a lighter note, I was quite proud of Amber for cleaning out her dress up drawer. She got tons of new dress up things for Christmas, so she gave away tot he Rescue Mission last night 4 purses (she still has twice that much), 3 tiaras, slippers and a few other odds and ends. I just casually said, "You have way too much dress up stuff, why don't you choose some things to give away." And she ran with it! Amen!

Christine H. said...

: ) It didn't give me the "email me follow up comments" on the last message board, so here I am again so I can click that box. Did that make sense? I wonder why it didn't give me that box to check the first time?

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Sometimes I'm so glad we live far from shopping. But we still get the emails.