12.18.2007

We Three Kings

7 days until Christmas. My (Tracy's rather) sewing machine is threading away. I think I am almost done with everything. Still have to wrap though ... need to get a good movie to watch and wrap while I am watching the movie. For some reason I always love watching "You've Got Mail," around this time.


We Three Kings

We three kings of Orient are;
Bearing gifts we traverse afar,
Field and fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star.

Refrain

O star of wonder, star of light,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.

Born a King on Bethlehem’s plain
Gold I bring to crown Him again,
King forever, ceasing never,
Over us all to reign.

Refrain

Frankincense to offer have I;
Incense owns a Deity nigh;
Prayer and praising, voices raising,
Worshipping God on high.

Refrain

Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume
Breathes a life of gathering gloom;
Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying,
Sealed in the stone cold tomb.

Refrain

Glorious now behold Him arise;
King and God and sacrifice;
Alleluia, Alleluia,
Sounds through the earth and skies.

Refrain

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

Oooh, love that movie, too! I'll have to rent it now! Thanks!

hestermom said...

That is so funny!! That is our New Year's Eve tradition...Ben and I watch "You've Got Mail" every year on New Year's...we have every year since it came out in the theater (I can't remember if it was '98 or '99) Yeah...

Anonymous said...

Wow. I haven't seen that movie in ages!! I love the two of them together. And I love that carol. It's becoming my favorite.