12.20.2007

Mochi

Last night Ryan and I went to my work party. I sometimes forget I am a working woman since I only work Fridays. Anyways, my boss hosted a fabulous dinner in his home and when it came time for dessert Ryan and I happily noticed they were serving Mochi Ice Cream. We got hooked on Mochi ice cream when we lived in L.A. Excited to see the little balls of ice cream, I asked my boss's wife, "So, you like Mochi?" To which she responded, "Never tried it, I just thought it would look really pretty in these bowls and it would be a fun adventure to try this out together," at which point my boss grabbed his spoon to dig into our fun dessert at which point Ryan and I both blurted out, "Um ... it's a finger-food dessert. You eat it like this." We had fun coaching them all on the ways of Mochi in addition to fully enjoying everyone's first responses to the little balls. If you have never tried Mochi ice cream this story is pretty anticlimactic -- but if Elen, Carla or Tiff are reading this, I am sure you guys are laughing!
p.s. TJ's sells Mochi Ice Cream. I highly recommend the Strawberry and Chocolate Flavors. Although Mocha is my favorite, but our TJ's doesn't carry it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,

hee hee.....gotta love those mochi ice cream....i love reading your blog....Merry Christmas to you all...We love and miss you here in SoCal.... =)

Carla

Christine H. said...

I'm sorry, but I almost can't stand mochi. Can't get past the doughy part. I'm glad you got to eat it at the party, though.

Christine H. said...

: )

Angel said...

Hey Amber!
These guys are the Ferari of mochi in Hawaii.
http://bubbiesicecream.gourmetfoodmall.com/StaticPage.php?pageid=505

They also deliver, hahaha. Miss you guys down here!