3.29.2007

Dogs, birthdays & slavery.

Well, I am 29 now. There is no going back. Really it was a wonderful birthday. Ryan and I got to do some kid-free shopping, see the movie Reign Over Me (Adam Sandler), and go to dinner. On Sunday, my actual birthday, we attended the conference, One Voice to End Slavery, in Costa Mesa. That is a whole other blog in itself, one that I am trying to get my mind around but don't even quite know how to do it justice in a blog. Maybe after some more thinking I will venture to write about the 27 million slaves (many of whom are kids) in the world. Here is a website, at least, in case the slavery issue is new to your realm of thinking too: http://www.freetheslaves.net/

On a funnier note, Sage and I had this conversation today:
We were walking on a the bike path and we saw a black Labrador. I told her that Jasmine (our walking dog) is a Yellow Labrador. And the rest of the conversation went something like this ...

Sage: Robert has a black lab
Mom: Yes, Robert does have a black lab. What is her name?
Sage: Shadow. She is a girl, mom?
Mom: Yes, she is a girl. What about Cheyenne, what kind of dog is she?
Sage: (silence)
Mom: A border collie.
Sage: Oh, yeah, a border collie.
Mom: What kind of dog is Tina?
Sage: A chiwawa.
Mom: Who else is a chiwawa?
Sage: Pepper.
Mom: Right. What kind of dog is Shea?
Sage: (silence)
Mom: A Brussels-Griffen.
Sage: A BrusselsGriffen.
Mom: What kind of dog is Chica?
Sage: A big polka-dot dog!
Mom: Yeah, you are right, she is a big polka-dot dog. She is called a Pointer.

Just the sweet moments of life .... now Aspen is up from her nap so my blogging time has expired. No picture today : )

2 comments:

mandrews said...

Super cute convo Amber. Again, Happy Birthday. I know what you mean about the whole Slavery blog. I have no idea where even to begin... I keep sitting down to write and it never comes out like I want it to.

Anonymous said...

Lol, Robert doesn't even know what kind of a dog Shadow is... What kind of mother am I? :) Apparently I have some work to do!