3.07.2007

Seasons

I asked my friends today if being tired is just our new way of life as moms. One of my friends responded that there are seasons of motherhood; some with energy, some without. I continued to yawn as we discussed the afternoon lull that hits right around 2pm, and the pot of coffee (at my house anyway) that is brewed and consumed to march on through the day. I am even getting sleep -- straight sleep at that! The girls have been sleeping through the night for like 7 days now. I have to laugh at myself while I write this down. Okay, so 7 days of great sleep is suppose to repair the gazillion hours of sleep I have lost over the past 3 years? Not totally logical. But, I did have a spurt of energy today and I cleaned our bathroom. It had been a while ... like a really long while. Those of you who know me best know just how long this could be, so I am glad the energy burst came today before some green monsters started crawling out of the toilet bowl!

3 comments:

mandrews said...

I am glad to hear that you HAVE been getting sleep lately. Actually your body can never fully "catch up" on sleep lost days before. Your body probably got so used to not sleeping through the night that this sudden span of restful nights was too much for it to handle; but don't worry, you'll be back to your normal self in no time!

Ginger said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!
Yes to sleeping through the night, and still tired when I wake up.

Yes to the all day pot of coffee. I thought you drank Tea now.

Yes to my house needing a good spring clean. When will I have time for that?

One thing I do, is that I am a NATZI about my bedtime. TV off by 9:30pm. Prayers by 9:45pm and lights out by 10:00 pm. This one thing makes all the difference the next day. I thank God, David is very supportive of this.

hestermom said...

Oh yes, and Amber...did I mention that the time you feel the worst energy wise is when the kids first start sleeping through the night???? I do remember...those first couple of months after they started sleeping through were worse than getting up once a night. Noah still gets up once, so I'm okay for now. But sometime in my next season, I will join you in midday pick-me-ups again!!