2.08.2007

Virgin Mimosas




Because I am always thinking about how to make my days as a stay-at-home mom more exciting and creative, I bring you the virgin mimosa. There is something about drinking my beverages out of a wine glass lately that makes me feel normal; not the tired, boring mommy who just wants to get in a good nap and and type an uninterrupted email, that I am really feeling like. I bought some orange juice at the store the other day. Not something I normally do because, let's face it, real oranges are much cheaper and do just as much good as the juiced stuff. But, I was feeling a tingle in my throat and I thought I would reward myself with some orange juice in a glass. When I poured my first glass I realized I also had some Diet Hansen's (made with Splenda, Tangerine-Lime flavor) in the fridge. Oh, that might be sort of fun, I thought. And it was! It was fizzy and sweet and drinking it out of the wine glass added the perfect touch. When life gives you lemons, make Lemon-lime-tangerine Mimosas!

2 comments:

hestermom said...

hmmm...I'll save it for my next really rough day. Although I'll have to use regular Hansen's, I'm not much for diet anything. =)

Ginger said...

Yes....Yummy indeed.