2.06.2007

Change of Plans

At first I was tentative about our Tahoe trip, but then I got really excited thinking about all the quality time Ryan and I would have together. After Sage's first asthma incident we were still thinking of going, although I was pretty hesitant. If the next two nights go fine, we thought, then it would seem safe to go. Then Sage woke up with wheezing the next night again (Sunday at 4 a.m.). Okay, so no Tahoe trip. But we thought it would be fun to at least go to lunch and a movie on Monday, assuming that Sage would be getting better by then. Then Sage was up all night with a hacking cough Sunday night and her fever continued through Monday. Alas, we made the doctor appointment to give me peace that there wasn't anything else we should be doing to help Sage. He mentioned that we shouldn't be too quick to use the term asthma and then mentioned something about a bronchio spasm. Yes, continue to give Tylenol and Advil for the fever but other than that, this is a viral infection and it just needs to run it's course. Before the doctor's appointment we were thinking, "okay, maybe just lunch today." After the doctor's appointment, and after the lack of sleep from the night before set in, we opted for a nap at home; no movies, no lunch. There will be other times for getaways I guess. It's just funny (maybe not so funny) how completely opposite our weekend turned out to be. So, please continue to pray that Sage's body would quickly fight the infection and that we would all get some much needed sleep!

3 comments:

mandrews said...

I will definitely be praying for Sage! Sorry your weekend didn't work out. Trust me, I know what it's like to have to change your plans. It sucks, but there will be other trips.

Ryan said...

It's snowing in Tahoe on Friday...any takers for babysitting?

hestermom said...

Okay, maybe it's not Tahoe, and maybe I can't exactly offer to babysit right at this time due to the fact that I live at my parent's house (although I would definitely consider babysitting at your house, Amber). Anyway, my point is, I know a cozy little cabin that's only 15 min. from Lake Arrowhead and 30-45 from Big Bear. So, if you want a free weekend at a little cabin with no furniture...let me know!