10.23.2006

Vertigo

Yesterday, Kate (Darren's girlfriend) and I rode the zipline at Ojai's Forest Home Youth Camp. I let out a yelp when I jumped off the platform and didn't stop squealing until the ride had come to an end.



I have always enjoyed thrills. But I am starting to think that maybe I am too old for all of these high flying adventures because this morning I woke up this morning and headed to the gym, and during my workout I had to stop and rest because my head was spinning. I had the same symptoms last night while sleeping. Vertigo? A bad food bug? Every mother will tell you that postpartum, she could not go on a swing without getting a queasy stomach. I too have experienced the same symptoms upon getting off of a normal swing ride. But then I started thinking ... we start going on swings when we are young and stop around the age of, what would you say, 10? Then we go to Jr. High and High School, then off to College, then get married have a few kids and 10 years later we become queasy while on the playground swing. I think it's age. Whatever the reason, I hope this sea sickness passes soon. What will I say to Sage when she asks me to ride on Dumbo with her at Disneyland this Friday? Sorry sweetie, Mommy's tummy can't handle it!

No comments: