12.11.2008

I had one of those moments today ...

while looking across the table at my two girls chowing down In-N-Out french fries and burgers, covered in katsup and washing it all down with a chocolate milk shake. It's one of those moments when you are overwhelmed with amazement and wonder at how quickly kids really do grow up. It's such a cliche -- "Enjoy it now -- they'll be grown up before you know it." That's usually coming from a seasoned grandmother and said to a sleep deprived mother, who thinks, "HUH?" how could THIS go by any slower than it already is? It's like my sister said a while back, while the years fly by, the days seem to pass ever so slowly. So, I had my moment today. And I'm sure I'll have many, many more.

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

Oh I know what you mean...

frisky said...

I'm all teary-eyed. It's so trippy how fast it goes.

Ryan said...

Like when suddenly your daughter fills up the bed that used to swallow her.