3.09.2008

Sulfur Mountain


I have lived here all of my life and still never made the long bike-ride down Sulfur Mountain -- until yesterday. Cory set me up with a bike, gloves and helmet and Ryan drove us to the top of the mountain so we could make the downhill ride. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous were our views. Seriously, the ocean and greenery (even the cows, mules and horses) were amazing. We didn't stop to take any pics ... we were going to fast to stop! Hahaha ... j/k. Oh, and we were going to have Ryan pick us up at the bottom, but that didn't work out so then we got a killer glute work-out riding up the path back into Ojai : ) Ryan looked it up and I think it was a 15 mile ride ... no wonder I am so tired. Here's the link to flickr.

5 comments:

hestermom said...

way to be adventuresome!!!! was it scary, the downhill?? what kind of bikes were you riding? Ben is looking....

ATSmith said...

Cory would have to explain what kind of bikes ... only front suspension, Specialized ... 8 gears (I think) ... super nice though. I would have died on my beater bike. Um ... scary ... at some points, but I am one for a good thrill, so ... but the brakes were amazing, so if I needed to slow down I seriously only needed to tap them.

Christine H. said...

Oh my gosh, 15 miles, you're insane! Were you sore the next day?
You go girl!

Christine H. said...

Oh my gosh, 15 miles, you're insane! Were you sore the next day?
You go girl!

Rebecca said...

That is SO, so beautiful! I'm missing Ojai and all it's green-ness right now. :(