3.12.2008

F.I.N.E.

Freaked Out
Insecure
N
eurotic
E
motional

I was at the OBGYN today and a woman sitting in the waiting room was quietly crying. After a while she was called into see the doctor. I happened to look up when she was re-entering the waiting room. Fresh tears filled her eyes. She left the office swiftly and within 5 seconds I decided to follow after her. I caught her just as she was getting into her car and from a distance I said, "Excuse me, are you okay?" She had her cell phone up to her ear, but she responded, "Yes, I am fine."
I don't know what news she received. A possible miscarriage? Perhaps the loss of hope of having children at all? Whatever the news, nothing about her was "fine."
Of course, I am a stranger, so maybe, "I'm fine," seemed pretty appropriate. Whatever the case, it broke my heart to see this woman in pain and I pray God's healing on her heart.

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

Where'd you get the acrostic F.I.N.E.?

It was so nice that you followed her, even if she didn't respond to your warmth, she must have known that you cared, and God knows.

hestermom said...

I agree...I just wanted to cry reading your post...Praise God, that he can use us, messed up people, to be instruments of compassion and love. Praise God that you had the courage to respond to His spirit...and who knows what it might mean to her one day. I heard the acrostic FINE from The Italian Job...but Amber may have found it from a more reputable source. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber. Your caring heart is just beautiful. I am not sure that I would have had the courage to do the same thing but maybe now I will.