3.06.2008

I'm Sorry

I have had to say that phrase a lot lately. And yet today (while I was again saying it to none other than my mom) I realized that when I utter those words I feel the truth of what it means to die to yourself. In an apology ( not an "I'm sorry, BUT" apology) , I am humbled, I am broken, I am wrong, and whatever I was I don't want to be again.

The tally of my apologies this week ....

To Ryan: I am sorry that my words to you this week have been unkind.
To Sage: I am sorry that I lost my temper and yelled.
To my Mom: I am sorry that we got in a tiff this morning.

Where would I be without God's redemptive love and forgiveness? Somewhere very far from true joy and happiness.

3 comments:

heidibelle said...

What a great blog... thanks for being candid and honest. It really is hard to say I'm sorry, but it is such a good reminder of the God we serve.

Rebecca said...

That's so true, and so hard.

Christine H. said...

Thanks for sharing such a vulnerable thing. It's hard to know you have to say your sorry, hard to say it, but even harder to proclaim it to all of your blogging friends.

I love what you said about God's love an forgiveness. I am ever grateful for that!