2.04.2008

Hot Fudge Tootsie Roll Sauce

I was craving hot fudge the other night so I decided to look up a recipe to try to make some. As it was late at night and I wasn't going to rush to the store for any special ingredients I had to pick a recipe for which I had all of the ingredients. And I didn't want to spend too much time making it, so I picked a microwave friendly recipe -- mistake #1. I also didn't want to make a huge batch of this stuff, so I divided everything by 4 -- probably mistake #2. I followed the short instructions and it actually looked pretty good after a few minutes of cooking in the microwave. I scooped out some vanilla ice cream and poured the warm chocolate sauce on top. I took a couple of bites ... Mmmm ... not too bad. Then I took another bit ... Hmm ... it's a little chewier than the last bite. As I continued to take more bites, the chocolate "sauce" got chewier and chewier -- much like a Tootsie Roll. And you would think that I would put down the odd tasting dessert, but no, my hormones had the better of me that night and I continued on to finish every last bite. Don't think anyone is going to want this recipe!

3 comments:

Christine H. said...

Funny! I would have ate it, too, if I was craving chocolate!

I've heard that some recipes just aren't meant to double, or decrease.

One time I made buttermilk syrup to go with German pancakes and I used powdered buttermilk like I always do...One tablespoon of powdered buttermilk and 1/4 cup of water yields 1/4 cup of buttermilk. I scooped into the sauce pan 1/4 CUP of powdered buttermilk, instead of 1 tablespoon, and put in the rest of the ingredients. I brought it to a boil and it looked good, as usual. My parents were visiting. We all sat down to the table. I brought over the sauce pan, and as we started to pour the syrup onto our pancakes, it globbed out. Then it wouldn't even pour out of the pan. I had made buttermilk candy! It was like taffy and getting stiffer every minute. I should have made hard candy out of it. My dad proceeds to eat it out of the pan...he's got quite a sweet tooth!

frisky said...

Mmmm chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Now you're making me want brownies! I tagged you over at my blog. It's kind of fun!