1.20.2008

If Not for My Husband

by: Amber Smith

If not for my husband
What a bore I would be
Eating bon bons and cherries
And only watching T.V.

If not for my husband
No adventures would I seek
Save for hunting down the missing sock
And wiping tears from some chubby cheeks

For he spurs me on toward camping
Toward snowboarding and more
Toward early mornings and late nights
In a car that fits no more than four

Still, it’s not until,
The wee hour before we leave
That I get that bit of excitement
And to my home a little less I cleave

For my worrisome mind wanders
And complains even more …
“But I’ll be tired, the kids won’t sleep
And I might even be bored!”

So here’s an ode to my husband
Who is ever the adventurous man
Creating many lifelong memories
Again and again


Tomorrow some ladies and I are making a turn-around trip to Sierra Summit (5 hrs 1 way) to go snowboarding. Ryan is already up there with the youth group so we are going to meet him up there for the day. I have tried to get out of this trip a zillion times and it wasn't until a few moments ago that I got really excited and I realized that I owe much of this excitement (and the exciting moments of my life) to Ryan, who is usually spearheading all of our trips. Thanks dear, I love you.

6 comments:

Christine H. said...

That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long, long, long time!
You are so sweet, and yes, so very blessed!

frisky said...

Aaawwww, that is so sweet Amber. Doesn't it feel good to appreciate and feel motivated by our husbands?! I love the last part, "Creating many lifelong memories
Again and again". I look back at all our pictures and realize how many memories we are making.
You and your family are awesome, love you guys.

mandrews said...

AHAHAHAHA!!!!! I love the Ode Amber... SOOOOO GOOD!!!! Thanks for the great time yesterday!!!

hestermom said...

That was so awesome, I am going to have to send a link to Ben. If only I could figure out how???

Rebecca said...

Aawwwww!! :)

Anonymous said...

Too sweet Amber! Hope you had fun and many more memories.
On a side note I always wonder how you guys go so many places with two kids but now it must be a very persistant Ryan! :)