9.18.2007

A Poem

While on our walk today Sage was trying to say something to me ... at first I thought she said, "I'm cute." Then I thought I heard, "I'm free." After some frustration, Sage pulled her sunshade back (on the jogger) and yelled,"I'm PEACE! That means I am happy." At first I started to explain that we don't really use the word "peace" like that, but then I started to think that it was a pretty fun statement. And then I started to think that it sounded like a pretty good poem.

First Poem
by Sage, age 3

I'm
Peace

6 comments:

Ryan said...

It's pretty funny because I made a resolution today to read more poetry, and then, you (and Sage) wrote a poem! Great timing, I especially appreciate the brevity, I always appreciate succinctness...hmmmm, I wonder if everyone who talks a lot appreciated brevity in others...wow, that's convicting.

frisky said...

Huh, Ryan? And all I was gonna say was, "That was so super cute and so deep for a 3 year old!" With Ryan's comment I have to do some power-searching in the dictionary!

Anonymous said...

for some reason I'm not really surprised that Sage came up with her first poem at the age of 3... You just tell her to make sure she thanks her wonderful and beautiful Auntie Jamie when she accepts her Nobel Peace Prize next year.

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! I love it and great that you captured it. Abby was singing this morning in front of the mirror that she is "Abby the singer." So apparently you have a poet and I have a singer!

heidibelle said...

That is SO cute! I'm glad you recored that one.

Christine H. said...

Too cute!

Amber has a poet, Melanie has a singer, and I have dancers. We are well covered in the art department!

Gina, how ya doing on those words? LOL