9.14.2007

Just have to laugh

This week has been the week of late nights. It started with one night staying up too late watching a show or blogging or emailing and then it turned into 4 nights in a row and then mom is tired and has no patience -- duh! Get some sleep!
So, despite going to bed late (again) last night, I was determined to go to the gym this morning and get back on track -- whatever that means. I was out the door by 6:30 a.m. . Not bad, but I didn't make any coffee to drink and I forgot the iPod, but, oh well, off I go. I turned the corner into the gym parking lot, all the while noticing there weren't any cars around. Hm ... this is odd. I parked my car and made my way to the gym's front door. There was a sign and it read, "We will not be opening the gym until 8:00 a.m. on 9/14 due to electrical problems." Are you kidding me? I literally laughed out loud -- at myself, at the situation, at how tired I was, at the fact that I could have been home sleeping. So, tonight I am going to bed early and sleeping in (until the kids wake up, that is)!

3 comments:

hestermom said...

Well, there may have been ONE other option rather than laughing, and when I am tired it is usually what I do...CRY. I can just see myself looking at the CLOSED sign, crying, and half laughing. I think I would have gone to Starbuck's with a book or (Our Bible Study!!) and called it a good workout. =)

heidibelle said...

That is so ironic. All our good efforts are sometimes so worthless. Oh well. I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Christine H. said...

I'm with Lisa, I would have gone to Starbucks...anything but go back home. : )