8.13.2007

Hume Lake

I love being up here at Hume Lake. Maybe it's all the beautiful pine trees and that wonderful pine tree smell. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have to cook or clean for the week. Maybe it's seeing 1000+ students standing during chapel, raising their hand to God in praise. Maybe it's late night talks with Sage ....

Sage: Mommy, how is daddy duck doing (back home) ?
Mom: Good, I think.
Sage: Mommy, how is mommy duck doing with Jesus? (she died a while back)
Mom (smiling in the dark): Good, I think.
Sage: I just love Jesus Mom. I love to talk to him ... to tell Him stories ...

Maybe I love Hume Lake because it's a chance to relax and see and hear God everywhere and marvel at His amazing grace. Or maybe I love being at Hume Lake because the kids go to bed so late that we get to sleep in!! I guess it's all of the above. Needless to say, we are having a wonderful time up here.

5 comments:

Love My Family said...

I'm so glad you guys are having a good time. I love when the kids talk about Jesus,It makes you feel like you are doing something right. They know him and love him and that is awesome.

Anonymous said...

All of the ducks, at last sighting, were all doing just great~! The goats are running freely in the yard and in the hay as it was too hot to lock them up. I am so glad that you are getting to have a relaxing, rebuilding moment.

Christine H. said...

The "not cooking and cleaning for a week" thing is great when you're on "vacation." I am so glad you are having a good time!

Rebecca said...

Hume is so refreshing. I don't think it's possible to have a bad time there. My brother got to live at Joshua for a year there, and it totally set the course for his life.

Anonymous said...

Hume is one of the places Matt and I really wanted to get to this last time we were back. It holds a special place in both of our hearts for all kinds of spiritual reasons of course:) Hearing some "Everybody Duck" at GEM-K conference was special for me. I stood in the back at one point and just thought about how true the words have been for me through the years. Remember college Hume weekend??? I have photographic evidence.
Your convo w/ Sage is precious. Good times Amber. This makes it ALLLLL worth it. ps I have a blog now 2