4.05.2008

Active

Ever since my bike ride down Sulfer Mountain my eyes have been open to alternative activities to running. I have ran my entire life and have somehow managed to make it to the gym at least two times a week since I was 17 and had come back from 2 months in Mexico and desperately needed to shed the extra cheese and beans from my body ...
It's been way too many years of the same regime. Time for an impeachment. We traded our single bike buggy for our friend's double buggy and today was my first try at "going to Von's for bread." Huh? I told Ryan the other day that I wanted to start riding my bike as much as I could ... even to go to Von's and get bread. After Von's, we flew back down the bike trail (going home is a breeze), and went a little further to Old Baldwin Road (hwy 150) to buy some fruit from Mr. Produce (is that really his name?). We picked fresh mangos, strawberries, bananas and apples -- all of which fit in the buggy.
Daily activity is a good thing.

4 comments:

Christine H. said...

Yes, exercizing every day was a winner for me and my headaches! Daily activity is so good for everything and everyone!

Mr. Produce is Melasio Ramirez, btw. We used to call him the Strawberry Man for years before Eric decided to ask him his name!

stephanie said...

Very inspirational! Your body, the environment and your budget are all benefiting.

hestermom said...

Okay, this is problem a [stupid] question to be asking on a blog...but does Mr. Produce, aka Mr. Ramirez take only cash? I was really wanting some strawberries, but not sure if he only takes cash??

Rebecca said...

How fun! I miss the bike trail. But I don't miss the heat. I never did feel like I could go out once it got hot in Ojai. But then there's always Ventura. Either way, it's a pretty awesome place to live.

Good for you for getting out there and showing the girls how it's done!