7.24.2007

Camping


I have camped probably since before I was born. It's just how our family vacationed all growing up. So, to Ryan's great surprise, I didn't know where to put the leveling boards for the trailer tires (in front of the tires or in back) and I wasn't much help with any of the other "setting up the trailer" stuff. I also didn't even realize that my dad's trailer (we borrowed it) didn't have a stove. I had always envisioned one, and maybe they talked about getting one, but alas, there we were at dinner time, with two frozen pizzas and only a gas range to cook them. So, we created out own stove with some tinfoil and a frying pan. Then it started to smell like burnt popcorn ... We were able to save one of the pizzas, but Ryan unhooked the truck and drove to get us some real dinner -- Taco Bell! Hahaha. Despite the few hiccups we really had a fabulous time. And the kids were being watched by grandparents, so what little hiccups we had were really nothing at all but a good laugh and will be great memories to laugh at later.

4 comments:

Love My Family said...

Got to love it. I'm glad you guys had a good time. So adventurous...

Christine H. said...

Man you were really roughing it! LOL
I love the word "hiccups" instead of roadblocks or problems.
I'm glad you had a good time and found a spot to park the trailer.

hestermom said...

Yeah, fun for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! Where did you go? November we are going somewhere to celebrate our 30th birthdays! I can hardly wait! We would love to go camping someday but thinking it is a way off still. You guys are so good about taking time for your marriage. Once life settles down I will have to remind myself to follow your lead.