6.30.2007

Taxes & Teeth


I was never really bothered by April 15th until we moved back to Ojai 3 years ago. It seems that every year we owe something to the tune of a couple 1k's ... I won't bore you with all of the details and I think (I think) that we have straightened everything out with our wonderful tax consultant, and might not have to pay out this year. But, you know what? There is always something else. And for us, it is teeth. Or better said, our bad teeth. Sage wracked in 4 cavities this year (okay - total parent guilt here), Ryan came in second with two cavities and 1 wisdom tooth that was so fargone that they opted to pull it, and me, I came in first with yet another cavity, and a possible root canal (although we are hoping and praying for only a crown). Amazingly God always provides for these unforeseen expenditures ... but my mind day dreams of all the other stuff we could have bought ... but then Ryan quickly interrupts my day dreaming to remind me that I wouldn't have spent the money anyway since I am a saver. "Oh, I guess you are right," I tell him. Oh well, it's all God's money anyway, right?

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't even want to think about what the dentist would say to me if I showed up right now. I guess at some point in the near future I'll have to make myself face the music. But you're right. It's so amazing how God always provides just in time, exactly what we need, without fail.

heidibelle said...

Wow, I know what that feels like. I am waiting for the money to do a crown right now. (I already did the root canal.) Becky, I would go when you can. Jeff and I didn't go for many years, and by the time we did we each had like 12-15 cavities! We are at the tail end of that. But it is like my least favorite thing ever! So... I am glad it is God's money, cause I sure don't know where it comes from!!

ATSmith said...

Being pregnant through me off the every 6-month dentist check-ups ... and then just having kids and then there is the fact that I just really don't like dentists ... but now I see the need to go every six months ... we'll see if I follow through : )

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber! Abby is going to her first dentist trip this year and I am so nervous. I have awful teeth genes so I hope she doesn't have my teeth. Poor thing wants to brush her teeth several times a day cause I once told her we do it so our teeth don't fall out. I need to remember my audience sometimes.

hestermom said...

Yeah I was traumatized at the dentist. I had to have a crown put in, and the day I went in I had just found out I was pregnant (with Caleb). While they were going to put the permanent crown in, they found a cavity, which of course, could only be filled before they put the crown in. And of course, it was "worse than they thought" once they started drilling. So, I didn't have any medicine, and I just had little tears running down my cheeks while they drilled away. Needless to say, I haven't gone back. But I am trying to work up my courage. I wonder if they could just knock me out????

ATSmith said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa. That is horrible! The drilling alone (with pain killers) is enough ... without them? Ryan wants to go to a dentist that knocks you out. There are dentists that use laughing gas ... I think that's the way to go : )

Christine H. said...

Okay, so this is a hot topic! I was also thrown off my "every 6-month visits" when I got pregnant with Amber. Then I never went again until recently (5 years). And Eric hadn't gone in 7 years. BUT, he is so anal about floss and toothpicks and brushing faithfully twice a day that he even surprised the hygenist wityh the fact that there were no cavities. I really wish I could be like him, but I'm not that disciplined. And we haven't taken Amber Shea ever (mommy guilt setting in right now).

I actually love going to the dentist (I know, that is sick!). I love sitting back in the chair and having my teeth looked and, and I love having my teeth cleaned. So, why don't I go every 6 months and take my family there? Why else??? THE MONEY. I can think of a hundred things I'd rather budget for than the dentist!

Ginger said...

I am so thankful for dental insurance. Thanks for the blog it reminds me to be greatful for the things that I take for granted.

I have to add....David has never had a cavity not even one. I hoping it heriditary.