6.26.2007

Endorphins & Caffeine


Before I go to the gym I usually guzzle some coffee to get my brain and body up to speed and up to the task. This makes for some pretty amazing thoughts while I am at the gym, pumping iron. During that short 45min. I have usually started a couple of businesses, mentally written all of my thank you notes and thought of a gazillion more things to put on my "to-do" list. Lately I have tried to remember a few of these great ideas and jot them down when I get in the car. Because, you guessed it, as soon as I get home and the endorphins fizzle and the caffeine wears off, those ideas seem, well, kind of silly. But, there was one idea that popped into my head last Friday and that was to take a sewing class at our local community college. I got the go-ahead from Ryan and I even have a friend who might take the class with me. I am actually pretty excited and it actually might even happen. All this to say, drink some coffee before your next workout. You never know what new ideas might pop into your head.

10 comments:

hestermom said...

Workout? Go to the gym? What's that??? He, he.

ATSmith said...

What? You don't put Noah in a backpack and strap the others into a double jogger and walk Shelf Rd?

mandrews said...

Yeah for sewing classes!!!!

Christine H. said...

Love the coffee idea, but you can bet you'll never see me in a sewing class!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish we lived up there. That has been on my to do list for years now. Supposedly our YMCA has classes but I can't find any info about the classes. Let me know how it goes!
:) Melanie

Love My Family said...

There will come a time when I can workout.I hope its not too far away because I can't see myself in a bathing suit until that time comes.Oh well good thing for board shorts and tank tops.I would love to take a sewing class too.I have a sewing machine I haven't used in years.It was one of those things I had to have and now it sits in the closet collecting dust. Oh well there will come a time.{right?}

stephanie said...

So funny. I read this after I had made my own endorphin post. And today I was helping a friend make a quilt for her sisters baby. Sewing is fun and a good creative outlet for us stay at home moms. Exercise is fun too, because of all the crazy ideas you come up with while working out.

Christine H. said...

I guess I'm socializing too much when I work out at Curves, because I never come up with any fun or crazy ideas. But, I do have a blast doing the circuit with the ladies and chatting. And, I come back energized for the day with the kiddos!

I actually wanted to tell you, Amber, that I had a crazy dream about sewing last night and how I never did finish my pillow or jersey shirt in high school. (that part was true). Anyway, I'm back in home ec. and hating it... It was a nightmare, really, because of how afraid I am of needles (not the hospital kind). So, thanks for contributing to my bad dream! : ) LOL

Kari Rae Rodems said...

oops sent email instead of comment...such a novice at this blogging... Caffine induced no thoughts of sewing for me at my morning workout... but, I'll look for a serger that I think I still have if you'd like to have it... happy sewing!

ATSmith said...

Christine -- you are funny.