4.19.2007

Quick Release Knots


I haven't ridden (for real) in a very very long time. I stopped riding horses when I was in Jr. High and in the 15 years that have followed I can count on one hand how many times I have mounted a horse and ridden. So, I was a bit surprised when I went to tie Nino up to brush him and prepare him to ride, that my hands remembered how to tie a quick release knot. It is all coming back. Very slowly, but it's there. We got to ride Nino in a local arena here in town today. It was beyond fun. But more than anything, I most loved my trail ride with Sage. Cut away into the small mountain surrounding the arena is a short trail. Sage and I "climbed" the mountain and then ducked our way through overgrown trees, all the while, chit chatting about everything under the sun. It was priceless. Here are some pictures from our fun day.

2 comments:

mandrews said...

How fun does that look! I'm glad you guys had such a good time ridding.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looked like a blast! My kids would love a day like that. I have never really ridden, but I have always wanted to. What fun memories for you and your kids.