6.23.2010

Being the cynical woman I am, I anticipated my dad's death for about a year. Seeing him once or often twice a week and speaking to him daily, I could easily see his gradual decline in physical wellness.
But still, I was and am utterly surprised that he is gone. Not gone-gone. But gone from my sight, my touch, my hearing.
I have good days, like today.
Then I have bad days, like Father's Day.
Death has shaken up my world...tossed me about to and fro.
Some days I am so insecure I can't even stand myself.
All part of the process of losing someone you love...losing someone who loved you.

But today is a good day and I almost feel normal. I will enjoy and savor it for who knows what tomorrow will bring.

5 comments:

hestermom said...

I'm so sorry Amber. I can't imagine. But I love you, and I will continue to pray for you, that the Healer will continue to bring greater healing to your heart until you get to see him again. Thank you for sharing and being vulnerable.

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine H. said...

I am sorry Amber. Thanks for being honest.
I never thought of you as cynical.
Have you bought the book I told you about?
I still pray for you. I love you!

Christine H. said...

.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and Love to you!