8.28.2008

Stuff Mart

Yesterday I reorganized my kitchen cabinets. Just because, you ask? Nope. I needed to make room for more stuff! As I was reorganizing I came across a cookbook I was given years ago (Dining on a Dime Cook Book). It actually has lots of wonderful tips on how to save money as a home manager, and it also included a chapter on the importance of de-cluttering your home. She says, "Get rid of the junk you don't need. Half of what you have piled on the floor, the bed, the counter tops, and on your furniture is either trash or something you don't need." Isn't that the truth? Even before reading that statement I was in a de-cluttering mood and now ... watch out STUFF - out you go! And all this stuff talk reminds me of that catchy tune from that Veggie Tales with Madame Blueberry .... yeah, you know which one I'm talking about -- it's like a rap tune or something.

8 comments:

mandrews said...

"Happiness waits at the Stuff Mart!
All you need is lots ... more ... stuff!

You really, really ought to!

How could I afford not to?

Happiness waits at the Stuff Mart!
All you need is lots ... more ... stuff!"

Happiness? So messed up...

Rebecca said...

La da da da da. . . Stuff Mart, Stuff Mart!

La da da da da. . . Stuff Stuff, Mart Mart!

That's going to be stuck in my head all day now. Have fun decluttering!

Mom Martha said...

I am so blue I don't know what to do...WITH ALL OF MY STUFF~!!!!

hestermom said...

Yep, that's actually one of my favorite Veggie Tales... A thankful heart is a happy heart!

heidibelle said...

OK... now I need to go watch that veggie tales, or declutter...what to do first???

frisky said...

I LOVE to declutter!!!! It feels SOOOO good!! I think it's funny how we have to be in the right "mood" to do it, I know at least I do.
I think I've only seen that Veggie Tales when Pastor Paul had it for a video moment a long time ago. I should get it AND WATCH IT WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!

ATSmith said...

I love all of these comments : ) I am not alone in all of this : )

Christine H. said...

Ha ha. Do you remember my blog post, also titled "Stuff Mart" and also referenceing Veggie Tales Madame Blueberry? Great minds think alike.

And now, I want to go clean out my kitchen cabinets, too. But alas, I am going to go watch a video. (Not a Veggie one!)