6.30.2008

So ...

...last week my mom and I decided to take the girls to the SB zoo. She had been wanting to take them on the train, so we decided she would take the girls on Amtrak and I would pick them up at the train station and then go onto the zoo from there. I boarded the train in Ventura JUST to take a picture of the girls and as I turned to start heading for the exit, I looked out the window and slowly watched the train stop (and my car -- illegally parked) fade away into the distance -- yeah, I got stuck on the train! Everything ended up working out ... but I must admit that I am not a big fan of public transportation. Something about the waiting around and not having control drove me a little nuts. Hmmm ... probably need to stuck on a train again.

6 comments:

frisky said...

Aha! a stow-away!
Did you get a ticket?

frisky said...

Oh, I mean a ticket for the illegally parked car... not a ticket for the train, which I'm pretty sure you ended up getting.

Christine H. said...

That is too funny! I can just see it...like a scene out of an old movie!

Ryan said...

No ticket -- thankfully!! My step-dad quickly grabbed a spare key at our house and drove down and moved my car for me : )

Anonymous said...

Oh bummer Amber! Hope you were able to enjoy it a bit. We would love to do the train up to Grandma's house some time. Need to wait a while still.

Rebecca said...

Hee hee!! Well, that was a surprise adventure!