6.03.2008

Courting a Disney Princess

Just wondering ... what is the average courting period for a Disney princess and her prince charming? Sage and I were watching The Little Mermaid the other day and I always grumble inside when Ariel's fish, bird and crab friends are trying to get Eric to kiss her after only knowing her for 1 day -- AND -- Ariel doesn't even have a voice. All her little animal friends are actually disappointed ...
Anyhow. So, if I count the 3 days that Ariel is on land (after she gains some legs at the cost of loosing her voice), and maybe a few days prior to that, the total courtship is about 5 days. What about Cinderella, Belle, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Snow White ... etc.?

5 comments:

frisky said...

Those Disney princesses are total sluts. Sadly, on the other hand, according to our culture the Disney men are studs. Go figure.

Rebecca said...

At least Belle took her time. But she was living with the guy, so I guess she doesn't get any brownie points.

And I imagine if it wasn't for all that body hair things might have moved along at a more Disney-appropriate pace. Like two days. :)

Kate Smith said...

Right!, and what are they teaching kids like use a man to get your dream? marry rich so you can have lots of things and walk on land? If she only knew how tiring walking around can get, and that all those possessions do not make you worth anything.
Yes I grew up with the whole princess thing and I still can't get rid of my barbies but at least if you make up the lives for your perfect people then they can have Godly morals, maybe?!

Christine H. said...

Don't even get me started on Disney Princesses...Okay, just one little comment: When you have two little girls it seems that the whole Disney Princess thing is a neccessary evil. We don't watch the movies at home because I almost can't stand the whole evil and image thing, but my girls still see it when they are at friends' houses. Just more opportunities for teaching moments with my girls when they talk about it. (Okay so it wasn't a little comment). I had never thought of the 3-day courtship thing. Nice insight, Amber!

Anonymous said...

it use to drive me crazy that domi. idolized all of the disney princess. it seemed all they aspired to was getting married . the boys nowadays dont necessarily have the same values as the princes. then again domi is 18 and way better adjusted to all of that than i.
also have you noticed the prince is way older than her and sahe hangs around with flounder who is not even adolescent