12.14.2006

On Cooking

Okay, so I am not the greatest cook. I am not even a great cook. But somehow I slap food onto a plate and we all get full enough until the next meal-time comes and I whip something else up to appease our hunger. My latest venture in the cooking world has been pan roasted vegetables. I am actually pretty impressed with how well the veggies taste. Then I made Holly's "man-balls," (meatballs) for homegroup the other night and all but a few balls were left over. So, feeling good with this cooking thing I decided to make some no-bake cookies. Basically you boil some ingredients, add some oats and drop them onto wax paper to cool. It has been a couple of hours and mine are still wet, sticky globs; no hardening happening here. So what is an amateur cook to do? Throw them in the freezer and harden them up! Someone once said it's not the circumstance that makes you, it's how you deal with it. Freezer it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not all of us have the gift of cooking. Some of us take years to practice, and resort to take out! hey, those look pretty yummy! Mmmmmmmmm Chocolate!!! If you're still having fun, keep trying! If you find yourself stressed out, keep ordering!