10.21.2008

My Parents ...

watched the girls for us on Monday. We brainstormed about what we should do with all of our free time (9 or so hours ...). Ventura was a thought ... but then I am a psycho list maker (and crosser-offer) and I would want to run errands to make the most of our trip, so we scratched Ventura. We ended up just staying local and it was amazing! We hung out at Coffee Connection for a bit, then rode bikes into Ojai for lunch, wandered around the arcade and then rode back home to catch up on some of our shows. The time went by so fast ... it always does. The best part was how relaxing the entire day was ... well ... until we picked up the kids and you know how all of that goes : )

3 comments:

hestermom said...

Sounds heavenly... Where'd you go for lunch?? (You know me, had to ask!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. I had a daydream a few weeks ago that some day both girls would be in school and Glenn could play hooky from work and we could have a similar day. Glad you got a relaxing day and didn't do the to do list.

Christine H. said...

Sometimes it's fun to just be at home without the kids, and not go anywhere...t.v....read a book...work on a fun project together...organize something without the girls underfoot (okay maybe that last one is just for Gina and I. Anyway, it's fun to have those free days and still stay in Ojai. I'm glad you had fun!