5.22.2008

Knowing is Loving


It is no wonder that God not only loves me unconditionally, but everyone else in the world too. He knows me. He knows my story, my mistakes, my joys, my sorrows, my ups & downs, and my good and bad decisions. He knows that I wake up every morning and crave a hot cup of tea. He knows that I list my way through life, crossing off accomplishments as I go. He knows my heart and all of the desires of that blood pumping organ.
How much easier is it to love people when we know them? I wish everyone had a little conversation bubble above their heads which gave a brief snapshot of their lives ... and maybe a statement about how they were feeling at that very moment. How much more compassion would I have for others if I actually knew their story instead of inferring my own for them?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm the opposite way, I think. I tend to love strangers more easily than people I've met a few times. It's much harder once I know how messed up they are. Probably because I'm messed up too. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that! Today this poor mom was in front of the Target with a screaming child. And it was going on the whole time it took me to load Lila and our stuff in to the car and even as we drove away. She was on the opposite of the store and pretty far away but he was screaming loudly and I just prayed for her. My first thought was, that kid needs some discipline in his life and then I reminded myself that I don't know the whole story. For some reason my mind likes to leap at the first thought. Thanks for such a great visual reminder.

frisky said...

Thanks for praying for me Melanie. Just kidding, it couldn't have been me... I would have been there with my girl.

Seriously though, I bet if we had that bubble above our heads, we would see a lot of insecurities up there.

Christine H. said...

Great insight, Amber. Wow! Something to think about.